Intellectual property licensing issues are critical to the success of almost every company, regardless of size or industry. APEX LEGAL represents both licensors and licensees in seeking creative ways to exploit valuable intellectual property rights and to maximize their sources of revenue. Whether a company is licensing rights to others or negotiating for a grant of rights from others, APEX LEGAL is able to address the myriad of issues involved in sophisticated licensing agreements. We prepare and review a broad spectrum of licensing agreements from traditional patent and software licenses to cutting-edge revenue-sharing agreements for emerging technologies. From drafting software or technology licenses to negotiating agreements that address the exploitation of patent rights, APEX LEGAL provides clients substantive expertise in patents, trademarks, copyrights, trade secrets, and technology to help meet our client’s immediate business objectives and to anticipate broader enforcement and related issues.
- Negotiate and draft complex agreements to obtain, protect, commercialize, and license intellectual property rights.
- Negotiate and draft complex development, transfer, and licensing agreements.
- Draft and negotiate computer software and hardware licenses and transfers.
We assist our clients in licensing all types of technology and intellectual property, including:
- Patents and Know-how
- Software and Hardware
- Copyrights and Content (audio, video, graphics)
- Cross-License Arrangements
- Trademarks, Service Marks, and Trade Dress